Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MEATH VEC COMPUTER COURSES

+3
Jean O'Neill
Eileen Gaughran
Mary Clarke
7 posters

Go down

MEATH VEC COMPUTER COURSES Empty MEATH VEC COMPUTER COURSES

Post  Mary Clarke Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:17 am

Hi Ladies,

Just to confirm our meeting with Jackie Breen of Meath VEC is on Monday January 28 at 11am in the Gilson Centre on Church Street, Oldcastle. This meeting is for anyone interested in booking for ECDL Course, Advanced Computers FETAC Level 5 or Digital Photography Beginners Course. The meeting will be about one hour long and Jackie will answer all your queries, give the content of each course and hand out registration forms to be completed there and then.

In the meantime, more information can be obtained on the www.meath.vec website by clicking courses and typing in ECDL in the search engine. Advanced Computers will cover word, excel, powerpoint and access, it's basically like a mini-ECDL. The ECDL Course covers seven modules of 1. Theory 2. File Management 3. Word Processing 4. Spreadsheets 5. Database 6. Presentations and 7. Internet and Email.

The beginners digital photography is free to all that are interested and will be run depending on numbers. The computer classes will be run in groups of ten per class with as many classes run as required. There will be morning classes, afternoon classes and the possiblility of evening classes if there are enough numbers interested.

The courses are funded by the Back to Education Initiative and are free to people who hold a medical card, receive a social welfare payment, haven't completed their Leaving Certificate or only passed four subjects in their Leaving. Others wishing to register on these courses can do so at a reduced rate, Jackie will need to see how many are interested and will work out how much will be required per person. Our fund will also help reduce the cost.

Don't forget to bring your PPS details and medical card number, social welfare number etc if appropriate.

If you are interested in taking up a course but cannot attend the registeration morning on Monday, please let me know and I will keep a form for you which in turn will need to be posted to Jackie asap. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you require any further info. Also if you are experiencing problems with the chat forum, I can send you a step-by-step guide drawn up by Jackie on how to use the forum by email if you send me your email address. If anyone else is interested in helping with the courses etc... I would really appreciate the help. The more the merrier! See you Monday.

Regards,

Mary C
confused
Mary Clarke
Mary Clarke

Back to top Go down

MEATH VEC COMPUTER COURSES Empty computer classes

Post  Eileen Gaughran Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:43 pm

Hi Mary, thanks for letter. I cannot make Monday for registration. Will you be good enough to keep a form for me, or perhaps I could download it. I do get into the website but am unsure at times so directions will not go astray. Hope all is going well for you. Meeting in Killallon went very well and we hope to meet again in 2 weeks time with an open games and cards night. Well also have a little questionnaire to assess what people are interested in. ie. dancing youth club reading group etc. Swift has given us ladies so much up and go. Hope to see u tomorrow evening at writing group. Best wishes from Eileen G.

Eileen Gaughran

Back to top Go down

Post  Eileen Gaughran Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:44 pm

Hi Mary, thanks for letter. I cannot make Monday for registration. Will you be good enough to keep a form for me, or perhaps I could download it. I do get into the website but am unsure at times so directions will not go astray. Hope all is going well for you. Meeting in Killallon went very well and we hope to meet again in 2 weeks time with an open games and cards night. Well also have a little questionnaire to assess what people are interested in. ie. dancing youth club reading group etc. Swift has given us ladies so much up and go. Hope to see u tomorrow evening at writing group. Best wishes from Eileen G.

Eileen Gaughran

Back to top Go down

MEATH VEC COMPUTER COURSES Empty Re: MEATH VEC COMPUTER COURSES

Post  Jean O'Neill Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:40 am

Hi Mary

Just to say I'm looking forward to Monday so see you at 11 00 am at the Gilsenan School in Oldcastle. study study

Jean

Jean O'Neill

Back to top Go down

MEATH VEC COMPUTER COURSES Empty Thank You

Post  Mary Clarke Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:37 am

Greetings Eileen and Jean,

Many thanks for your replies, it's great to hear from my fellow swift friends. No problem Eileen, I will pick up a Registration Form for you. Jackie is so nice to talk to over the phone so Jean you are spot on, it should be a nice meeting on Monday. I look forward to catching up with you.

Regards,

Mary C
clown
Mary Clarke
Mary Clarke

Back to top Go down

MEATH VEC COMPUTER COURSES Empty SWIFT action!

Post  aoife Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:24 am

HI SWIFT ladies!
I'm delighted to hear that you have contacted Jackie and that the computers and digital photography sound like a real possibility.
Good work Mary for posting such clear information on the courses that are available. I hope you get the numbers needed to run the classes.
Eileen, great to hear that you have got a group going in Killallon. That's really good news.
Jean I like your choice of Emoticon!

I'm just back from my holidays in Morocco where I surfed all day every day until i could move no more! I'm back now at my new job. It's taking a while to get into it. After such involvement in the SWIFT programme, it's hard to get revved up again.

How did your meal in Oldcastle go? I hope there weren't any casualties! flower

aoife

Back to top Go down

MEATH VEC COMPUTER COURSES Empty GREETINGS AOIFE

Post  Mary Clarke Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:01 pm

Hi Aoife,

It's great to hear from you, your holiday in Morocco sounded wave-tastic. No wonder you have so much enthuasism, keeping fit with your surfing obviously keeps you on the ball. How is the new job going? I loved reading that you were so revved up leaving us Swift women. Yes, I am trying to fill your shoes and it's not easy that's why I called myself a mini-aoife because there is and always will be only one, Aoife.

I now realise all the work you did behind the scenes, each and every one of us think you are amazing to have organised so many classes and workshops for both groups. Our group is going great, most of us chat regularly and the meal was brillant. There was sixteen of us on the night, the food was really good and we are all focused on making our Swift group official. We hope to use the faciliation method, we are working together as a team and have all become very good friends.

We have registered for the computers and digital photography with Jackie on Monday, alot registered so fingers crossed all will run smoothly. I spoke to Verconica Allen recently, she hope to meet with the group soon and will fill us in on what funding is available in Meath. The group hope to run as many different and diverse programmes as women require with quarterly social events included as well, us Swift ladies know how to party!

Myself and Kathy organised the meal so other members will organise the next outing. I am still writing away, I have just finished a short story named Justice and submitted it for consideration in the next edition of 'Boyne Berries' Magazine produced by The Boyne Writers Group. Ana-Marie and Eileen have joined the Oldcastle Writers Group and Ana-Marie has also submitted a wonderful story to the Boyne group. I am so delighted they have both joined, I feel like I know them for years, it's great. In turn, they have both encouraged me to join the Dynamic Gardeners and I am busy trying to turn my mucky soil into tidy ridges. Me in wellies, what a sight!!
Everyone in the gardening group are great fun - we have all become such good buddies, so look what you have started Aoife, it's the Stepford Wives gone to pot!

I am currently organising my skydive, will let you know the details shortly. The date is set for Bank Holiday Monday May 5 at 3pm, hopefully landing at Ballinacree Football Pitch. I am so excited but I know I won't be nearer the time! affraid

Take care,
Regards,

Mary C
king
Mary Clarke
Mary Clarke

Back to top Go down

MEATH VEC COMPUTER COURSES Empty Registration Forms for Computer Courses (ECDL)

Post  jackiebreenvec Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:15 am

Hi All

Thank you for coming on Monday to the registration of the ECDL course and Digital Course. I am working with all the registration forms at the moment and putting them in for the various funding. I will be in touch soon about starting.

Mary C, thank you for posting all the details regarding the registration for Monday.

Talk to you all soon

Jackie Breen
jackie.breen@ce.meathvec.ie

jackiebreenvec

Back to top Go down

Post  eileen reilly Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:27 pm

hi everyone its great to have the forum to keep in touch.to all the gardeners i have collected the seed compost and the potatoes to plant.will distribute tomorrow at our weekly meet.we are meeting at my house at 10 ish.hi aoife great to hear from you how is your job going i am still looking i met with rob today and that was great now i have a direction.looking forward to geting feedback from the computer course.

eileen reilly

Back to top Go down

Post  elizabethgrall Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:00 pm

Hi girls.
Sorry I could'nt stay for meeting on Monday but I did manage to get my form in, hopefully there will be enough interest for an evening class I need a bit of me time.
To Mary and Kathy thanks for organising the evening out it was a great night great food and great company we'll have to do it again soon. Good luck Aoife in your new job my phone has never been so quiet. Chat again soon Tilly(Elizabeth)

elizabethgrall

Back to top Go down

Post  Jean O'Neill Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:58 am

Hi All

Just a quicK note to say I won't be able to make it again on Friday as I have to work all day Sad Crying or Very sad . Although I must admit it must be amazing to see Mary C in wellies!!!!!!!!What colour are they Mary????Hopefully I'll get there next week and then I'll be busy catching up planting seeds etc.

Jean

Jean O'Neill

Back to top Go down

MEATH VEC COMPUTER COURSES Empty WELLY-MANIA

Post  Mary Clarke Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:45 pm

Hi Jean and my fellow swift buddies,

Listen, you don't want to see my in wellies, I'm abit like the incredible hulk --- green all over but with a smile and definitely no shirt ripping!! That's a shame about Friday, we are meeting at Dolores's, weather permitting or Eileen's if it's lashing. I brought the seeding compost so if you need some, let me know.

Jackie it was a pleasure helping with the meeting regarding the computer and digital classes. We all cannot wait to get started, fingers crossed it will be cost-effective for everyone. Many thanks for all your assistance with the information.

Right, I'm off to bed, no doubt those wellies will be in my nightmares!!!

See you soon,

Regards,

The Welly-manic jocolor

Mary C
Mary Clarke
Mary Clarke

Back to top Go down

MEATH VEC COMPUTER COURSES Empty wet and wellies

Post  Eileen Gaughran Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:29 pm

Great to read all those lovely messages. Missed out on those last week but am catching up. Aoife surfing in Morocco sounds terrific, warmer than in Ireland and no wet suits I suppose. Am burning the midnight oil but just ready for bed. We had some fun at the games in Killallon this evening but not many joined us. So we'll give Killallon a rest for a while. Aoife you know how difficult it is to motivate people and when you get them going there's no stopping them.!!!!!!! Good night all. Sleep

Eileen Gaughran

Back to top Go down

MEATH VEC COMPUTER COURSES Empty Chat forums addicts

Post  aoife Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:55 am

Great to see so many messages and to see new arrivals! Although I fear some of you may be developing addictions Laughing
Mary, great to hear you've decided to go green although i hope you continue to wear pink! And delighted your meal worked out so well. You and Kathy are obviously 5:star: Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven organisers!
Eileen, sorry to hear that not many turned up at your meeting in Killallon. Maybe it will take a little longer for the word to spread.

The surfing was brilliant. Unfortunately it was not hot enough to lose the wetsuit altogether but still such a difference to surf in bright sunny weather Cool

I'm just starting to get into my job now. I'm mainly looking at how money is spent on programmes which aim to encourage kids to stay at school and looking to see if we can improve the programmes. The kids really have the odds stacked against them but all the kids I met so far have been really nice.

Keep writing your messages - its great to hear your news study

aoife

Back to top Go down

MEATH VEC COMPUTER COURSES Empty ADDICTED TO CHAT

Post  Mary Clarke Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:30 pm

Hi Aoife,

I can just see the headline now, 'Meath Women Are Swiftly Addicted to Chat' but for once it's true and I have no proplem coming to terms with my new addiction. As I swiftly approach this milestone of 40, I am becoming an addict and extreme sports lunatic. What has swift done to me, whatever it is, I WANT MORE!

Aoife it's great to also hear all your news, your work with the kids sounds very rewarding, I truly hope you can help these disadvantaged children, my heart brakes to see children suffer and become wayward because of their family circumstances. Life is so imbalanced, I wish children had more help to overcome these all too common traumas. Please keep us posted on your progress, it's so interesting, I know you will do your very best for these children, well done Aoife.

Right, I better sign off and get some rest, I'm twitching as I write, god the pain of having to 'Log Out', but listen I'm not addicted, it's not me .... it's everybody else!!! I just love swimming in Denial!!!

Regards,

Mary C
Twisted Evil
Mary Clarke
Mary Clarke

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down