Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cookery demonstrations with Billie O Shea

3 posters

Go down

Cookery demonstrations with Billie O Shea Empty Cookery demonstrations with Billie O Shea

Post  aoife Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:32 am

To the Jamia Olivers!
I was wondering if you got any further with organising another trip to Billie O Sheas? I mentioned in another forum thread that there is €1000 available to contribute towards a trip to Billies but i'm not sure if many of you saw that posting. Billie wrote to me to see if people were interested in organising a trip for Feb 8th. If a group of people are interested, you can contact Billie at billieos@eircom.net. It's a really good opportunity considering there is a €1000 contribution!!

farao

aoife

Back to top Go down

Cookery demonstrations with Billie O Shea Empty cookery

Post  Eileen Gaughran Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:22 am

Hi Aoife,
what wonderful surprises you have up your sleeve. Dont remember seeing that 1000e before. Anyway will txt around and am sure there will be many takers. Gardening is going great,and our spucs are sprouting indoors to get them ready for spring planting.So we're up and running. We have been meeting once a week on fridays for the last few weeks, and Eileen Reilly and Lil have put the proposal together and are ready to hand it in.Killallon is moving too and on Tuesday we have a card and games night arranged and a questionnaire ready to find out what people would like to see going on in the hall and the area. So will keep you posted .How are they treating you up there in Fingal? Cheers for now from Eileen. Basketball

Eileen Gaughran

Back to top Go down

Cookery demonstrations with Billie O Shea Empty MOVEOVER JAMIE OLIVER, THE SWIFT LADIES ARE IN DA KITCHEN

Post  Mary Clarke Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:00 pm

Hi Aoife,

I remember you mentioning the €1,000 but I confused it with the Swift fund. That would be a great idea, I sent out the circular texts and posted details about the Billie O'Shea's workshop the last time we spoke but received no feedback.

I will send one tomorrow Wednesday February 7, hopefully I will receive some feedback, if so, I hope to delegate some helpers to organise a day a Billie's but it's too close to February 8 to make that one but maybe later on in the month, it could be our next group outing. Leave it with me!! Eileen is right, you have many pockets on that sleeve of yours.

Regards,

Mary C
flower
Mary Clarke
Mary Clarke

Back to top Go down

Cookery demonstrations with Billie O Shea Empty Re: Cookery demonstrations with Billie O Shea

Post  aoife Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:23 am

Hi Mary and Eileen,
Glad to hear you're still interested and that Jamie needs to watch out! What I need to know is if you would prefer to go as a small group (10 people) for 2 days training or as a large group (20 people) for 1 day of training. If you could let me know early next week that would be really great. I need to have the details by Wed 13th as I need to close my budget (unfortunately i don't have any more sleeves!)

Look forward to hearing from you cat

aoife

Back to top Go down

Cookery demonstrations with Billie O Shea Empty WE'RE ALL OFF TO BILLIE'S

Post  Mary Clarke Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:36 pm

Hi Aoife,

Ah Aoife, your back for more! I will send out the webtext on My Vodafone and will email you asap with the reply's before your deadline. I missed out on Billie's the last time and would love to make it this time around. I really enjoy cooking and since I am now such a keen gardener, I will be busy cooking up a storm with my own vegetables. Doesn't that all sound so nice, but knowing my luck the slugs will have feasted on most of the garden before the veg even make it to the roasting pan!

Regards,

Mary C
alien
Mary Clarke
Mary Clarke

Back to top Go down

Cookery demonstrations with Billie O Shea Empty cooking

Post  Eileen Gaughran Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:42 pm

Mary you are doing wonderful work letting us know the news. Yes I think it would be great to go as a group again and have more cooking time in Billy's. She was on Nationwide last night. Have you got many replies? Aoife great to hear from you and that you are keeping in touch with us. Yes did see Ear to the Ground this evening and recognised "the big brother". I like those live programmes. Gardeners are taking a 2 week break and then we get under way and continue to plant more seeds. For Killallon after a break we will go with Pride of place and see how that goes. Hope all enjoyed the pancakes, and Valentine's day next week. I hope the romeo's I love you
produce the flowers and chocs. Mary missed the writers session tonight, but will head out to next round.
Good night all. Eileen G.

Eileen Gaughran

Back to top Go down

Cookery demonstrations with Billie O Shea Empty THE SWIFT WOMEN ARE DOING IT FOR THEMSELVES

Post  Mary Clarke Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:04 am

Hi Eileen,

We missed you last night at the writers group, Paula kindly let us know that you were unable to make it. We welcomed a new member, she's a young lady from Ballinacree called Jacinta Geraghty. The South Africian couple I mentioned, Evelyn and Hans Bergk hope to join us next month after Hans retirement. He writes peotry and she has started writing short stories.

Monica brought along a copy of this week's Woman's Way with her story inside, they put a lovely picture of a dog to go along with her piece entitled 'Man's Best Friend' on page 40. We all had such a laugh last night, Paula remarked "I thought Women's Way was a grannies mag, but obviously not any more after reading what's on page 24". I'll give you a clue 'Are You Game For It'!!! Next weeks work is on a made-up character and a setting. Your character is Linda Russell and she is searching for her true love. Mine is William Murphy and my setting is The Workhouse. This will be a job let me telll you but next Thursday is Valentine's Day so I throw in some romance even in a Workhouse!!

I received a great response to the texts on Billie's, sixteen are ready and rearing to go, most have opted for the one day training. I will give everyone until the weekend to reply and then inform Aoife. It's great that we have this opportunity to visit the cookery school, I cannot wait. Did you see Rob Marr on Nationwide at the cookery school? He never told us at the Business Course that he was a Jamie Oliver enthusiast!!

Sue Russell of The Womens' Oldcastle Network has joined our chat forum. I was speaking to her at their recent unveling of their 'drop in' centre at the Gilson. The idea is to give women a change to meet up on a Wednesday morning from 9.30am to 12.30pm and have a fun and casual chat. It's a chance to meet new women and chill out. Sue is currently applying to Leader for funding and just emailed me their opening letter, she would be interesting in meeting the Swift group with the idea of us combining our thoughts and applying for funding together, especially as we are both a womens' group in the same area. I will send a webtext to arrange a possible meeting, if the others are interested.

Right I'm off to tackle the mess in the kitchen. Where's my rubber gloves and mop!!

Regards,

Mary C
affraid
Mary Clarke
Mary Clarke

Back to top Go down

Cookery demonstrations with Billie O Shea Empty romance

Post  Eileen Gaughran Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:33 pm

Will try and fill out and put a character on Linda. Will not be able to unveil her next week as we have a wedding that day but hopefully the following day. Welcome to Sue and we ll meet up in the near future.
Cheers from Eileen.

Eileen Gaughran

Back to top Go down

Cookery demonstrations with Billie O Shea Empty Re: Cookery demonstrations with Billie O Shea

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down