Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COMPUTER CLASSES UPDATE

2 posters

Go down

COMPUTER CLASSES UPDATE Empty COMPUTER CLASSES UPDATE

Post  Mary Clarke Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:46 am

Greetings to all the Swift ladies,

This is Mary calling well not really, writing as usual!! Following our very enjoyable and tasty meal on Thursday night, I contacted Jackie Breen at Meath VEC in Navan. Unfortunately, Jackie was extremely busy on Friday and wasn't available, I left a message and I hope to talk to her this Monday (January 21).

Just to confirm what's available, ECDL and Advanced Computers and, Digital Photography. Jackie hopes to get numbers confirmed when we meet with her on Monday January 28 in the Gilson Centre after 12.30pm. I will confirm after I talk to her on Monday by text and will post all details about the above courses on the Chat Forum. Anyone needing further information on what will be covered in all the above can obtain same by email, post or hand delivery from me, Aoife's clone!!!

At the moment the details are not confirmed but this is what I know so far before chatting with Jackie on Monday. The ECDL will probably run from 20 wks in the Gilson Centre with ten students per class and as many classes of ten will be run if required. Advanced Computers, FETAC Level 5 will probably run for 15 wks in the Gilson Centre with ten students per class and as many classes of ten will run if required. The Advanced course will cover Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Access. Digital Photography will continue on from where we left off for four weeks in the Gilson Centre maybe with the same tutor and is free. I have to check out the content that will be covered and who the tutor will be. I gathered from Thursday evening, that some would like the digital classes to run for longer, I will discuss same with Jackie on Monday.

All classes will be 2 and half hours long with a morning and afternoon class available. Jackie has already mentioned that she wouldn't be able to run evening classes. Unfortunately, this means some of our ladies who are working during the day cannot avail of any of the classes. I hope to put my negiotation skills into practice and try to meet some middle ground on this as I would like to see the classes available to all on Swift. The proposed times of the classes so far is, 10am-12.30pm and 12.30-2.30pm. When we meet Jackie on January 28, times and days can be discussed. None of this information is set in stone, everyone has input into what we will cover and what suits us all with of course, some compromise will be required.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at any stage if you require further info before we meet with Jackie. I know not everybody can meet with her on that day, but arrangements can be made for these people to obtain their application forms and book their place on whatever course they are interested in. Preferably, it would be great if everyone had their decisions made before meeting Jackie on January 28 so we can give her a more definite idea on numbers as we might have to invite others to join the classes inorder to make up groups of ten.

Back to Thursday night, it was great to see some many of my Swift friends again, it was such a lovely evening, great chat and very tasty meal. I hope we can all throw in some more ideas for another night out and some ladies who are willing to organise the next one.

Regards,

Mini-Aoife but sadly much older!! Rolling Eyes

Mary C
Very Happy
Mary Clarke
Mary Clarke

Back to top Go down

COMPUTER CLASSES UPDATE Empty Re: COMPUTER CLASSES UPDATE

Post  aoife Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:31 am

That's a massive Aoife not a mini Aoife! And i thought age didn't matter to you anymore! bom
That's really trojan work that you are doing Mary to get things going. Well done.

aoife

Back to top Go down