Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW YEAR WORKSHOPS

2 posters

Go down

NEW YEAR WORKSHOPS Empty NEW YEAR WORKSHOPS

Post  Mary Clarke Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:09 am

Happy New Year to all my Swift buddies,

I hope everyone enjoyed the festive season and are looking forward to putting all our ideas into reality! I received a text recently from organiclill aka Lill Coyne regarding some very interesting workshops coming up at Billie O'Shea'a Fairyhouse Cookery School.

I spoke to Billie regarding these workshops is as follows: All workshops cost €55 per person with groups of over twelve receiving a discount of 10%. Following Swift's last visit she mentioned how she enjoyed everyone's company and found the group very interesting and full of fun. Billie would be only to delighted to accommodate further Swift ladies groups and can arrange a day to suit our needs on any of the following upcoming workshops.

If you are interested in attending a workshop, could you please let me know either through the chat forum, by phoning 049 854 0052 / 087 656 6421 or emailing: clarkeze@eircom.net
If enough people are interested in further workshops at Billie's or anywhere else, I hope some members would be willing to help out with the organisation.

The workshops on offer at the moment are as follows, please note we can organise a different day and time to suit our needs. I also spoke to Aoife regarding help with funding, unfortunately the €2,500 fund is solely for training programmes which will be of great benefit to us all so any workshops will have to be funded by ourselves. The classes generally take place from 10am-1pm but for larger groups hoping to attend a demo and hands on class the time runs from 10am-2pm. Cost of the workshops can be negiotated.

Jan 31 Low Fat G I Cookery Course New Year, New You! Unlock the mystery of GI
Food while learning to prepare delicious low-fat
to no-fat receipes and understanding the cooking
methods used to produce low GI snacks and
meals.

Feb 7 Food and Wine (Spanish) Tapas are one of Spain's charming rituals, we'll
make an array of these small bites with different
flavours and textures all washed down with some
regional wine to match.

Mar 6 Easter Entertaining Seasonal menu with table décor to take the fuss
out of entertaining this Easter. Roast Lamb with
all the trimmings and a delicious prepare ahead
chocolate dessert.

Mar 13 Food and Wine (Italian Cuisine)

Apr 3 Fish n'Tips (new receipes)

Apr 17 Food and Wine (South American)

Kind regards,
Mary Clarke flower
Mary Clarke
Mary Clarke

Back to top Go down

NEW YEAR WORKSHOPS Empty Re: NEW YEAR WORKSHOPS

Post  aoife Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:02 am

Hi Mary amd all,
I have just reviewed my budget for the last time and there is money left over which I can put towards paying for more trips to Billie O Shea's cookery school. Unfortunately, the most i can contribute is €1000. I was thinking that the best way to organise this would be to book two days of private (i.e. only SWIFT women) demonstrations on themes picked by yourselves. It would mean that 10 people could go on each trip. Another option would be to organise one trip with 20 people. I called Billie and she told me the dates that are available for private demonstrations are the 1st Feb, 6th Feb and the 8th Feb 2008.

If you are interested in attaneding on this trip, post a reply on this topic including
1) the dates you would like to go on
2) Theme you would like for the demonstration
3) What time you can make it to Fairy House Cooking School and what time you will have to leave at

As places are limited, it would be better to put your name forward as soon as possible Exclamation

aoife

Back to top Go down