Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

organic gardening class.

5 posters

Go down

organic gardening class. Empty organic gardening class.

Post  Eileen Gaughran Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:19 pm

Hi all, just thought I'd try to get the ball rolling re further classes. I did a;ttend and enjoy the organic gardening classes. Deirdre was a fantastic teacher. I would like to continue to learn more as they whetted my appetite for more!!!!! Are there any more like myself?.I'm sure there are.Even some of you who did not get a chance to go to the classes might like to join in. Why not? Anyway a very happy new year to you all.Aoife will as she said in her letter be around for the next week and will give us any help and advice we might need. By the way, Aoife's granny passed away on 13th ,the day after our graduation. ( That was a wonderful event for us all and congratulations to all.) It was only when I was talking to Aoife yesterday the I heard about her bereavement.
I look forward to hearing from budding gardeners like myself.
Eileen Gaughran. bounce

Eileen Gaughran

Back to top Go down

organic gardening class. Empty organics

Post  organiclill Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:25 am

Hi Eileen and anyone else who tunes in,

I,m sure women are waiting their chance to have the kids settled back at school and the house sorted in the absence of wives, have a breather and then resume chatting, plotting and planning etc Barry returned on Jan 1st. Jenny went back today John off sick so i'm ata a slightly different pace and i just happen to have a half hour because julie missed her train, have to head off for her in a few mins so trying this out again. anyway what's new? the year i suppose but we've exhausted that one. there seems to be a lot of bugs doing the rounds we've all been under the weather and john is off school again today sore throat etc.
Barry was very interested in the creative writing info books etc has taken them with him whos to know what will ensue, when we met first he was always talking about writing a book but maybe that was only a line we shall see.
thinking about the computer courses again would like to do power point but don't think i'll need it until this time next year so really trying not to be tempted and to stay focussed on the garden.

by the way had our potatoe picking session on thursday 20th dec kathy turned up very bravely
in her santa hat thanks kathy I enjoyed the morning, sorry the rest of you couldn't make it hope you and yours are feeling better we promise another meitheal during better weather. spuds small but we are working through them they are records and very tasty if anyone is interested in some let me know they won't keep too long out of a pit.
anyway must dash talk later.

cheers lill Smile

organiclill

Back to top Go down

organic gardening class. Empty Re: organic gardening class.

Post  aoife Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:38 am

Good work Eileen! If you need any help with the proposal, I'll be here until Friday and then Marjan will be available to help. I've also invited the women from the Oldcastle Women's Network to join this Chat forum so you may notice some new members replying to your posts.

Good luck with gathering the trainees! alien

aoife

Back to top Go down

organic gardening class. Empty organic gardening

Post  Eileen Gaughran Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:41 pm

Hi Lill and Aoife,
Thanks for reply. I guess other girls have not switched on to Swift yet. Maybe as you say Aoife now that children are back at school. I started at some gardening today and planted out my spring onions. Will continue tomorrow to plant the lettuce and mixed leaves. I got really cold outside. So tomorrow will plant out the rest.
Yes another computer class will not go astray as it will revise what we have already learned
Aoife,we miss all those txt messages, they really got us motivated. Talk to you soon.
Eileen.

Eileen Gaughran

Back to top Go down

organic gardening class. Empty addictive

Post  organiclill Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:42 am

hi all,

this is exciting! getting the hang of it it seems billie o shea will hold cooking demo re gi food on 31 jan any takers for bussing or car pooling ? Mary c is chasing it up and will be in touch soon. hope to see some of you at Sean's presentation next Monday no more chatter lill Exclamation Exclamation

organiclill

Back to top Go down

organic gardening class. Empty Figuring out the forum

Post  eileen reilly Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:17 pm

I everyone it is not easy to get into this forum.it seems to be a hit or miss.we are trying to organise some organic gardening classes would anyone interested let us now through the forum or by text me or eileen g.we are hoping to have a short meting this thursday morning to see what people are interested in.hope to here from ye soon

eileen reilly

Back to top Go down

organic gardening class. Empty organic gardening class

Post  Jean O'Neill Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:09 am

Hi Eileen

I would be very interested in taking part in the organic gardening classes if they are in the afternoons as I have to work mornings apart from Fridays. I won't be able to make it on Thursday morning but if I make it to the meal in the evening I can hear how you all got on. I just love the idea of growing my salad and veggies even if only for the summer months!! Smile

Jean

Jean O'Neill

Back to top Go down

organic gardening class. Empty gardening

Post  Eileen Gaughran Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:51 pm

Great Jean, we have approx. 10 people at the moment interested and as Eileen R. said all are welcome.Yes we'll pass on the latest from Deirdre at the meal together on Thurday.We are going to meet at Deirdre's around 10.30 to 11am. to plan a programme.I have sent a txt. about this to all those who I knew were interested as did Eileen R......We shared the list..... Very Happy
Anyway see you all at the Naper Arms. Best wishes from Eileen G.

Eileen Gaughran

Back to top Go down

organic gardening class. Empty recieving texts

Post  eileen reilly Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:05 pm

Hi jean and eileen will keep u in tough with what happens tomorrow morning at meeting with deirdre on organics.see everyone tomorrow at meal

eileen reilly

Back to top Go down

organic gardening class. Empty Gardeners dynamic

Post  eileen reilly Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:26 pm

Hi everyone we have planed to meet at my house on friday if that suits everyone as it is forcast to rain or deloras house if it is dry and sunny Cool We plan to plant this week onion seeds ,mangetout and whatever else we can in late feb so bring your seeds, compost and trays and water bottles for the usuall time i know you will be late lil.see ye all then.

eileen reilly

Back to top Go down

organic gardening class. Empty Re: organic gardening class.

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down